Follow my weight loss journey which will include my food diary and recipes.

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Scan bran cakes

When it comes to scan bran, there are a lot of mixed reviews. On its own I am defiantly not sure on it but it is great to use for baking. Today I made some chocolate scan bran cakes, I love them and make them lots as I can have them throughout the day.

What you will need
5 scan/oat bran
1 egg
Water 
Sweetener 
Hot chocolate sachet (2 syns)- I used aldi version but you could use options and in whatever flavour you like. 

What to do 

Preheat oven to 180
In a large mixing bowl, soak
Scan/oat bran with hot water 
Drain any excess water 
Mix 1 egg, hot chocolate and sweetener (I just kept trying the mixture and adding more sweetener until I felt it tasted seer enough for me) 
Once mixed, spoon into a cupcake tin and bake in oven for around 25 minutes until firm.

I used the oat bran as a healthy extra so 2 syns for the whole lot! 7 syns if not using as a healthy extra.



No comments:

Post a Comment